Dr. Choi is certified Graston technique chiropractor in Aurora. Graston is one of the best treatment resource for muscle injury, tendon injuries including tendinitis, surgical scars, chronic sprain/strain, and ligament injuries. Combined with chiropractic and acupuncture or cold laser therapy, Graston technique is truly remarkable tool for any acute or chronic conditions.
To visit Graston technique website, go to www.grastontechnique.com.
What is the Graston Technique®?
The Graston Technique® incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that affect normal function.
- Separates and breaks down collagen cross-links, stretches connective tissue and muscle fibers
- Increases skin temperature
- Facilitates reflex changes in the chronic muscle holding pattern
- Alters spinal reflux activity (facilitated segment)
- Increases the rate and amount of blood flow to and from the area
- Increases cellular activity in the region, including fibroblasts and mast cells
- Increases histamine response secondary to mast cell activity
Benefits of Graston Treatment
- Designed to treat any soft tissue dysfunction
- Effective with acute and chronic injuries
- Resolves effects of post-surgical scarring
- Fast recovery to maintain normal activities
Advanced form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that is…
- Changing the way soft tissue injuries are treated
- Preventing acute conditions from becoming chronic
- Reversing the outcome on conditions once thought to be permanent
- Substantiated by research
Acute or chronic – the Technique gets results
The Graston Technique (GT) is an excellent blueprint for treating and resolving soft tissue injuries, including repetitive stress diagnoses. Clinicians report improved outcomes, decreased number of treatments and reduced manual stress.
For the treatment of acute or chronic conditions such as:
- Cervical Sprain/Strain (neck pain)
- Lumbar Sprain/Strain (back pain)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (wrist pain)
- Plantar Fascitis (foot pain)
- Lateral Epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Medial Epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow)
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis (shoulder pain)
- Patellofemoral Disorders (knee pain)
- Achilles Tendinitis (ankle pain)
- Scar Tissue
- Shin Splints
- Trigger Points
The patened Graston Technique is recognized and used…
- At leading universities and healthcare institutions: Indiana university, UCLA, University of Texas, National University of Health Sciences, Lombard, IL, Community Hospitals, St. Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis
- By Professional sports teams: Washington Redskins, Seattle Supersonics, New York Nicks, Miami Heat, St. Louis Cardinals, Colorado Avalanche
- At work in some of America’s largest companies: Allison Transmission, Supervalu, International Truck & Engine (Navistar)
Research Prove its effectiveness!
The results and its effectiveness is supported by many studies and clinical trials. For more detailed information, please visit the following websites.
Hear what the patients have to say about the Graston Technique.
“Without Graston treatment, I could never run for a marathon again. Now I’m pain free on my knees and able to run with confidence. Thank you Dr. Choi”.
– C. Harrison
“I thought I had to live with this nagging neck and shoulder pain for the rest of my life. Graston treatment not only keeps me from pain does also help muscles stay functional and strong. Now I tell everyone about Graston technique”.
– J. Hong